Empower yourself with knowledge, skills and strategies to become an effective board member with our short high impact director development programme.
Our programme ensures that participants attain an improved understanding of their roles and responsibilities and how to make effective contributions to the organisations they serve while safeguarding the interests of all stakeholders. We also take you through the various codes of good corporate governance to strengthen your capacity to perpetuate good corporate governance practices.
• To explore the concept of corporate governance and the principles underpinning it
• To understand the roles and functions of the Board of directors
• To appreciate the role of the Board in providing ethical and strategic leadership
• To examine the fiduciary duties of members of the Board and attendant liabilities
• To take a deep dive into the Board’s role in the governance of risk and strategy
• To explore the essential tools and strategies for board performance management
Who is this programme for?
• Directors of boards of listed companies, NGOs, State Corporations and SMEs seeking to improve their effectiveness
• CEOs, Managing Directors and C-suite executives who sit on boards and are seeking to enhance their contribution to the board’s agenda
• Senior Managers who are actively seeking to join boards
• Introduction to the principles of corporate governance
• Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the Board
• The composition and functioning of the Board
• The roles, responsibilities, obligations and liabilities of directors
• The Boards role in ethical leadership and culture
• Strategies and tools for board effectiveness and performance management
Date: August 4th 2021
Time: 8.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Venue: Raddison Blu, Aboretum
Investment: KES 37, 500 (inclusive of taxes)