Being a board member is a very different role from being a senior executive and brings with it added complexity and unique responsibilities. To successfully carry out a board mandate, directors must have a general understanding of the company’s business operations and an appreciation of corporate governance best practices.
Prepare yourself for your next board appointment by signing up for our short high-impact director development programme. This programme gives you an essential peek into the composition and functioning of a corporate board and what you need to do to be ready to step into the important role of a director.
- To give you an understanding of the broader context in which boards operate and the responsibilities that come with a director’s mandate
- To give you an overview of the knowledge and competencies expected from directors in today's business environment
- To give you insights into the changing role of directors and the importance of digital and strategic leadership as an essential part of the role of today’s board
- To explore director-specific competencies that you need to develop in order to contribute to the creation of a high-performing board
Who is this programme for?
- C-Suite Executives who want to contribute more effectively to the work of the board
- Established professionals, managers or executives without board experience that are seeking to serve in a corporate governance role
- Directors who sit on boards of small and medium sized family companies
- Executives of government, state corporations and non-profit organisations
- Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
- Demystifying the board: Composition, functions and key players
- Director roles, responsibilities, obligations and liabilities
- Professional development: How to get yourself board ready
- Getting into a Board: How to secure that all-important appointment
Date: Feb 17, 2022
Time: 8.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Venue: Radisson Blu, Arboretum
Investment: KShs 40,000 (inclusive of taxes)