“The need for careful planning of board succession is greater today in light of aging boards, pressure from shareholders, rating agencies, governance watchdogs and regulators, and the demand for diversity and a broader set of skills to support changes in company strategies in a dynamic environment.” – Spencer Stuart
Besides the need to manage their own succession, boards play a primary role in CEO succession planning while at the executive level, the CEO’s role revolves around driving management succession at senior levels, and ensuring that the organization is developing successionready executives for all senior roles.
This programme aims at highlighting best practice trends in Board and Executive succession management and empowering participants to develop and implement successful leadership transition strategies and plans at board and management levels.
Why you should attend
- Appreciate how succession planning can benefit the board, executives and their organizations
- Gain knowledge into how effective succession planning helps organizations by reducing the risk of unplanned leadership transitions
- Appreciate best practices in Succession management
- Enhance your understanding of different types of succession plans
- Come up with a framework for developing an effective succession plan
Who Should Attend?
- Board Chairs and Members of Boards of Directors
- Managing Directors and Executive Directors
- Chief Executive Officers and C-Suite Executives
- CHROs and Board HR Committee Chairs
Selected Programme Topics
- Exploring Board and Executive Leadership Transitions
- Executive Transition Management and Succession Planning
- Board’s Oversight in Organisational Succession Planning
- Board Succession Planning: Insights, Trends and Best Practices
- Tools and Resources for Effective Succession Planning
- Key Steps in Strategic Succession Planning
Date: April 26th, 2024
Time: 8.30 a.m. – 04.00 p.m.
Venue: Radisson Blu Arboretum, Nairobi
Investment: KShs40, 000 (inclusive of taxes)